Friday, September 30, 2016

My Last Trip To the Costa Rica Temple and Preparing for General Conference

Hey everyone! Happy wednesday!

I have to be honest, having a P-Day Wednesday wiped me out! I'm pretty darn tired but today was incredible!! We woke up at 3 (yeah ouch) and went to the temple with our Zone!! I was ecstatic!! I needed the temple and that spirit that only the temple holds. In the mission, we get to go every 6 months. It was my last time, my last chance to go to the Costa Rica Temple before I return home. The Costa Rica Temple will always have a huge piece of my heart as I have seen those who are special to me here enter♥ I was able to receive really amazing revelation today. I want to be better and to continue to progress. The temple helped me to remember my goals, and really why I am here. You can never stop learning!!






After the temple, all of the hermanas (from Cartago and also Toyopan) went to President Hayes' house for lunch. It was really special. This was something that Hermana Hayes has been wanting to do for a long time and I'm so glad that she did it!!  We never do things in the mission just for hermanas, so YAY!! We were able to go to their house to talk and to have lunch. Hermana Hayes made the best taco soup....and we ate vegetables (I miss eating vegetables)!! I was in heaven! I ate so much I'm still stuffed (6 hours later). I love the hermanas in the mission. I really do. Maybe at times, it's not easy to like everyone, we are all so different; but I truly love these girls! I'm thankful that we are all here serving together. 




This past week was a wild ride!! Hahah, seriously! I felt that we were running from cita to cita but that's always fun! The worst is when you feel like there is nothing to do! Boredom is a missionary's worst nightmare!

We had a baptism! Diandra got baptized. It was a miracle. I love this 10 year old and her family. We are working on getting them back to church but for now the girls are keeping strong in going BY THEMSELVES! That's faith!! Diandra and her older sister Dariana go to church together by themselves each Sunday because they like going. They know that it's right. The baptism was so spiritual. I love seeing baptismal ordinances. I love it! I'm a big baby so the tears always come but I am always so proud of the people who are willing to make covenants with the Lord. I am reminded of my own baptism 12 years ago. Maybe I didn't understand everything about the gospel but I knew that baptism was the right thing to do:) I knew that Christ was baptized by someone holding the Priesthood Authority of God and that I needed to be to. (Thanks papa for baptizing me!) That day changed my life forever and I am forever grateful♥
So this weekend is General Conference and I am soooo beyond excited! It's my last conference session in Spanish! I absolutely loved Women's Conference this past weekend. I have to be honest (as I always am), normally I don't like Women's Conference. They normally talk about charity and service. I love both of those topics but I have always been wishing for something a little bit stronger. This time they did it!! Sister Bonnie Oscarson hit it right on!! We are living in a spiritually dangerous world! We need to be prepared and we need to help prepare others. Also, President Uchtdorf...the best!! Seriously, his talk spoke straight to me. Faith is hard, it truly is but we need to constantly be striving to have it. 

I am so thankful for the opportunities I have had to actually attend General Conference in Salt Lake City, to sit in the presence of our General Authorities and our Prophet. I hope that we are all preparing for General Conference. I invite you to have a question. Have a doubt. Have something to be focused on. The spirit with teach us if we let it! I testify that President Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's chosen prophet and that the apostles are also called of God. I honor and sustain them. I'm looking forward to this weekend!! 

I love you all so much! I look forward to your emails every week and even though I can't reply sometimes (sorry!) I think of you all so often! Thanks for your prayers. Lets have a great week :)
Love, Hermana Zerilli


No comments:

Post a Comment