Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Guess You Could Say "It Was The Best of Times It Was The Worst of Times" LOL

Hey everyone,


It was a good first week of changes!!! Hermana Martinez and I were able to get going, visiting new areas and areas that we previously haven't worked in!

First off, I want to mention just how sore we were Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after that crazy hard hike last Monday! Seriously, that hike killed us haha!. 

We were able to go to Orosi Wednesday!! There we visited Brenda and got to working a little bit more. At Brenda's we ate spaghetti and brownies and talked about prayer. She's having a few troubles with her sister back in the United States. She kind of criticizes her for her beliefs in the church, and she wants to be able to say a prayer with her sister when she goes to visit her, without being criticized. In my time in Costa Rica, I have seen and heard very many different prayers. My mind has really been opened to the different ways that someone can pray! We know from the scriptures that as long as we pray to our Heavenly Father or God in the name of Jesus Christ, our prayer will get to Heaven. We taught Brenda that! She knows, and as long as she sticks to her testimony, no one can tell her that she is wrong:)

I FELT LIKE I WAS HOME...DAD, IT WAS ITALIAN FOOD AND A SALAD!!



Also, we went to Santiago Friday. Santiago is about an hour away from our area. We have to take a bus that goes on a windy road the entire way. The worst is when you have to take it standing up, haha. We got to Santiago and it was beautiful!! I seriously love this area. It's really far from the church and so we and the past missionaries have been working to have a Branch built there. That's the vision that we all have! We were able to visit members that live there, Eduarda and Coca. They have a huge orchard of limes, cas, and gunabana. They gave us some to take home. 




Also, we went and visited a reference that the elders had for us. It's a young mom named Maria. It turns out, she is not able to get married to her husband because he is divorced and the church they go to prohibits marriage if you are divorced! WHAT! We were so shocked!! We were able to have a great lesson about families with her. She wants to get married and knows that is what God wants too. She said "sometimes it's your own church that keeps you from doing the right thing." THAT CAN'T BE TRUE!! What?! I am excited to teach her the gospel and help her to get married! I know that the scripture is true that says those who prohibit marriage are not of God. Our Heavenly Father wants us to be as united, happy, families. It is part of His plan that we are married!
Recently, our ward has really had the mission spirit. All of the youth are signing up to go teach with us during the week!! We are so excited about it! I am seeing big things in the future with the missionaries and members working together. 

Today Rocio and Alejandro went on another walk (hike) with us to a river! It was great! I got a little burned but it was really pretty. I took a bunch of pictures....which I am now saving on a flash drive:(








Oh and I will be writing Wednesday next week because we get to go to the Temple and that's going to be our P-day!!! ahhh I need the Temple seriously!! So it will probably be later on Wednesday.

I love you all and wish you the best week!! Keep on keepin it real :)

Love Hermana Zerilli♥


*An additiona from Taylor's Mom...While my sweet daughter always has a smile on her face and makes every attempt to push any sadness out of her life...It sounds like she did have some struggles this past week, just thought I would share a few...

"Mom I had a rougher week personally. I was all over the place. It was sad I laughed all through it.
I'm fine but like I had a raging headache and was soooo sore from Last Monday's hike for 4 days! Then I was better and my Spanish was like all bad. Mom I said peenus tree!!! Like some member was asking what kind of plants and stuff they have in Arizona and Elder Tibbs looked at me and was like what's the word for pine...and I thought peeenayyy like it's written and I knew the word was pino not pine!! I said arbol de peeenay.,...and then stopped because English and Spanish just do not mix!! everyone started cracking up!! The word is pino! Pine not peenus!! 

The worst thing ever happened I bawled for a long time...I deleted all of my pictures on my camera. all of them! I was trying to get the review button to be normal and somehow ended up on format and wanted to leave and TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT BECAUSE YOU KNOW I WOULD NEVER WANT TO DELETE MY PICS. IT FORMATTED AND IT ALL WAS GONE IN 2 SECONDS. A RECENT CONVERT TRIED TO SEE IF HE COULD GET THEM BACK AND HE COULDN'T. I'M DEVASTATED AND ASKING PICTURES FROM EVERYONE. IT KILLS ME..I HAD 3000 PICTURES. LIKE WHYYY. I CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND WHAT I'VE DONE. IT HURTS. Please ask around to know if anyone might be able to restore my the photos from my SD card. I have put it away and won't be using it. I guess you could say 'it was the best of times, it was the worst of times' LOL"

Making papusas...again!! 
My companions from El Savador=papusas, my companion from Mexico=gorditas, Hahah!




No comments:

Post a Comment