Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Just call me Erica Enders....or maybe Britney Force!


Hey everyone! This week was really interesting, it was good but it had its moments. That's the mission right?

First off, the reason why I'm writing today (Tuesday) is because yesterday we had a huge zone activity. We went GO-KARTING!!! It was so rad!! I was playing Erica Enders and Britney Force the entire time, LOL! And I have to say, I did pretty well! It may not have been Talladega, but I was moving! I had the fastest time for the girls and top 10 for the zone. I came in 2nd though...which is basically last so I'll have to do better next time. I really enjoyed the activity though. Zone bonding, competition, driving and all of the "Shake n' Bake" hahaha! First time behind the wheel in a year, the world better watch out when I get home. hahaha it was a little nuts.!!




 "If you aint first your last!"....
well I got 2nd Shake n' bake!!
 HAHAHA, CHECK OUT MY TIME, AKA "TSWIZZIE"
This past week we were tried a little bit. My companion has been feeling a little sick to her stomach and the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck have been bothering me. It hurts sometimes when I yawn, talk or eat; and sometimes I get headaches on that side. I'm tough though! I don't want to sit out. The only thing that bothers me is when I have a headache and we are singing, hahah, I end up holding my head like an awkward person. There is a significant amount of mold in the house that we live in, so there is some concern about that. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon, so hopefully I get some answers. I can still walk, though so we will just keep truckin! 
Tuesday, we went out knocking doors with absolutely no success. We aren't sure if it was the area or the time of day, but no one was home and if they were home they had no interest to listen to us. At one house, I knocked and introduced who we were. The lady asked what we wanted. I replied that we wanted to share a message of Christ. :) Then the lady said "*scoff* bagabondas!!! psh jesucristo!" and stormed back into her house... We were like ummm ok. Basically she told us that we are good for nothing! we just screamed "HAVE A GREAT DAY!! " That's one thing, I know that what we are doing is good for something, really it's good for everything! I felt bad that she couldn't recognize that and that there really are people in this world who would reject a message about Christ. Something so positive and uplifting. Oh well! What are you gonna do? haha:) 

This week I received a much stronger testimony of living prophets. Recently, we have taught many lessons about prophets. Some people believe in prophets easier than others and that's ok. The most important part is that people are willing to pray about it! We have worked with less active members and investigators this week teaching about the importance of prophets. One of my favorite prophet lessons this week was with Alexia and her mom (the Catholics from last week). Alexia is great! She continues to come to church every week with her friend and is actually in the class for preparation for the mission!! She's not even a member yet!! haha! We taught her and her mom about prophets. Her mom loves to listen to us and I can see her learning every time we talk. She knows a lot about the scriptures but is just confused about a few things. The Spirit was with us in this lesson as we asked them if they believed that there is a prophet on the earth today. The mom asked us about the "Papa" which is a very common response for Cartago. We explained how a prophet is the only man on earth that holds all of the priesthood keys and that he is called of God. He has close communication with God, he is His servant here and His voice. Alexia asked us if Thomas S. Monson is the prophet. That question caught us off guard. I was thinking "You already know?!" We had the opportunity to testify that he is! I know without a doubt that President Thomas. S. Monson is the prophet of the Lord here on the earth today. I know that he receives revelation for these latter days and that we need to listen and apply his counsel to receive the blessings and happiness of this gospel. I know that I have been called by a prophet to serve a mission here in Costa Rica. He knows what the Lord wants and I trust him 100%. Our Heavenly Father loves us more than we can ever understand. He does not want us to be lost or be living in spiritual darkness, that is why he calls prophets. To show us the way back to our Heavenly Father. 

I love and sustain President Thomas. S. Monson as Prophet, Seer and Revelator and invite everyone to pray and ask God if he really is His servant here on Earth!

We had the fun opportunity to help out Relief Society with their activity Saturday. We had to act out how to be a good visiting teacher. I love the Hermanas in this ward here. Also, I got to help translate for Hermana Carol in the Relief Society presidency meeting. Translating is a fun challenge for me. I'm learning to switch languages. Sometimes my companion and I laugh because I think Spanglish is just my language now. I can't speak English without putting a few Spanish words in there. 

Yesterday was Mothers day for Costa Rica! I thought about my Mom a whole lot and read Alma 56. It's so true and the words have always stuck with me "we do not doubt our mothers knew it." Mom always knows. I Love you Mom, and las quiero a todas las madres de costa rica. gracias por siempre cuidarme! besos y abrazzos a todas!

Mother's Day Parade this past weekend♥


Anyway, this week things are looking up!  I saw Christmas decorations yesterday...I'm psyched and at the same time, it is nowhere near time for Christmas! haha! 

Love you all. Remember Christ in everything you do and look for the miracles, they are there!

When your best hermana friends show up looking the same as you, ahhahaha !
 With Elder Munoz
 With some of the other hermanas from the zone.
 mango selly with chili lime and salt mmmm...
  Divisions with Hermana Freeze and Hermana Mendoza last night.
My package arrived from home...special thanks to the RM who brought it to me from the U.S. and thanks to my family for sending it! I soooo needed those tights, it's cold here.
Group Picture from Zone Conference
 Group picture of my zone at the Go-Karting trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment