Monday, June 27, 2016

Reunion at the Costa Rica Temple♥

Okay this is whats up!!! Haha

Paraiso, Cartago... Catholics, Catholics and more Catholics. Cartago is seriously the Catholics capital of Costa Rica. I have never heard "Ave Maria" so many times in my life (good thing I love it)! However I'm enjoying this. It's a little bit of a challenge to teach people, but I myself am learning things that I never have in my life. 

So my companion Hermana Pacay is awesome!! She is from Guatemala and has 4 months in the mission! She has a huge desire to work hard and wants to learn. She helped me to meet a whole ton of members this week and for that I am so grateful! I know so many people!! I already love the ward! They want to work with us! Also, they give us references of people to teach so it makes things a little easier for us:)

This week, we saw miracles!! Tuesday we went to teach an "eternal investigator"...someone one that the missionaries teach for a long time. Cough dad cough :) We went to her house and I got to know her a little bit. Her daughter is baptized but she never could be because she had to work every Sunday. I asked her about work and she said that on that very day, Her boss had changed her work schedule to give her Sundays off! My companion just about died!! I invited her to a baptism date and she said yes with tears in her eyes♥ This woman has been investigating since August 2015.  Not too long ago, but still a long time, haha. Hermana Pacay was in absolute shock! I knew that it was a miracle and that it's in God's time, not ours.
All week we worked and I got to know the area and our investigators. Boy are our investigators complicated hahaha. Also, the area is HUGE!!!! No joke I don't know how I will ever fully understand it but I'm trying. I am now getting adjusted to calling the other Hermanas every night to see how they are, part of the duties of my calling as the Sister Training Leader for the Zone. My journal time is getting cut short but it's for a good cause. I love asking the Hermanas about how they are doing. Hearing their miracles strengthens me!

Saturday I had the opportunity to go to the Costa Rica Temple to surprise Steven!!! Hermana Pacay and I went alone and we had to figure out how to get there alone. We woke up at 5 and arrived at the Temple just in time that the bus for Pococi rolled in. The expression on Steven's face was so priceless! He and Daniel were so happy and I was too. It was a huge reunion! I got to see Tere and all of the family Chaverri, Stacy and Marytza, Yorlenni and the Bishop. Everyone!! Steven called Pamela and I got to talk to her!! THE DIVORCE IS DONE!!! I am so ecstatic for them!! I am so happy knowing that they are going to be able to be baptized so soon. I love that family so much. Hermana Pacay and I did initiatories because they didn't have room for baptisms, and I just took it all in. I loved hearing everything in Spanish and getting to know the temple workers. One of them was from California! They really can never tell that I'm gringa. Yayyyy latin roots hahaha! We said our goodbyes and headed back to work. The next time I go to the Temple it will be with Maria and Andres!

Daniel & Steven:)
Me and Hermana Pacay.
I got to see my girls from Guapiles!
I was happy to tears to see Tere again!

Yolenny was also at the Temple, so happy to see her too!
Today Hermana Pacay, Elder Hansgen, Elder Rossales and I went to the Mirador de Orosi. Orosi lookout? I don't know Haha. It's basically a really pretty place to go see everything in Orosi, a city in our area. It was like a little hike with a pretty view. This area is beautiful. It's green but different than Guapiles. It's not tropical. I'm still adjusting to the weather. I'm freezing I'm not going to lie, haha. I'll be fine though. I had the opportunity to buy sweaters the other day! :)








Well that was this week. I'm looking forward to week 2 of this change. I love you all so so much! :) 
Keep praying for the missionaries!
Love Taylor♥ 
My new home, in Cartago! I am so thankful that Hermana Pacay welcomed me so kindly!

It's straight cold here!


No comments:

Post a Comment