Tuesday, April 26, 2016

WOAH, WE'RE HALF WAY THERE...WOAH-OH, LIVIN' ON A PRAYER! HAHAHA, Literally:)


I went on divisions with Hermana Moon this week. 2 Gringas in one area...that was interesting. People screamed "Speak English!" at us hahaha!

Hola!

THIS WEEK WAS SO AMAZING!!
First off, I'm writing (today) Tuesday because I asked special permission from President Hayes. Yesterday Hermana Velez and I had chequeo del mes (monthly check for the new missionaries), we didn't get back to our area until Pday was over. However, we had an amazing family home evening! Last night, the Chaverri family invited us over!! In the Chaverri family it's Anna Lauren and Luis Claudio (Stake President that is going to be the area 70) and their 5 daughters. I absolutely love them and their house reminds me of home. It's beautiful! They always make us feel so welcome and they cook food like at home!! Steak, salad, and potatoes! If it didn't include rice I'd call it a Zerilli dinner! However, I've learned here, if it doesn't have rice...we should be concerned:) The Elders came too and we taught their investigators who are going to get married so that they can be baptized too. Just like Maria and Andres. It was a great lesson and we all enjoyed it!

This past week was one of miracles! I have to tell you about Saturday in particular...We had a really crazy day planned with appointments in all areas. Honestly, we were really really nervous about how we were going to be able to do it all! Luckily everything ended up working out. It started out with us looking for new investigators. It was a little discouraging knocking on door after door and being rejected until we literally got to the last house on the street. We knocked and a young looking guy came smiling and let us in saying that he knew who we were but never had spoken with us before. We immediately felt like things were right! He went to invite his mom to come and she came out speaking English. Oh hey another investigator that speaks English, haha! They are African, and they are bilingual. The lesson went super well. They both accepted baptismal dates and we are looking forward to the next lesson.

After finding them, we went to teach Maria and Andres and then hopped on a bus to visit Steven's family. We taught them within the hour that we had until another lesson. We taught Joseph Smith and The First Vision. Steven was there and he was so excited that we were teaching that he literally couldn't close his mouth. He would scream out parts of the lesson that we hadn't even taught! hahaha, it was hilarious! In the end, Pamela and Alan said that they were looking forward to going to church with the family Sunday. Then they said that they didn't want to just keep going to church...they want to be members. In that moment I think my heart stopped. WHAT!! They want to be baptized!!! We hadn't even asked! Well, looks like we will be planning another wedding!! Also, they asked about Alexandra, Steven's little sister who is 8 and we told her that she could get baptized whenever she wanted! She said that she really wants to get baptized and we are ecstatic for her! I left their house in almost tears. I have fasted and prayed for this family for these past 3 months and this is evidence that EVERYTHING is in the Lords timing! What was so sweet is that Steven said "Everyone told me that if I got baptized and kept going to church, eventually my family would join too." How amazing is that? After that house, we hopped on a bus and then took off running to meet up with a member to go teach Carolina. We had an amazing lesson with her about the Sabbath Day, and now we have her committed to attend church every Sunday! So far so good! 

Saturday night, we were exhausted but I couldn't have been happier!! The Lord is blessing us for our efforts. I am amazed at His love and His tender mercies. 

Oh and guess what. I COMPLETED 9 MONTHS!!!!
"WOAH, WE'RE HALF WAY THERE...WOAH-OH, LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!" HAHAHA, Literally:) 
I cant believe it. Where did time go? I will be seeing you all before I know it! 

Love you all so much and pray for you always! Thank you all for your support and emails, and I am so sorry that I don't have time to reply to everyone. Take care and read your scriptures!








No comments:

Post a Comment