Monday, December 5, 2016

"The fridge started moving and the metal roof was clashing...we all knew that we were in an earthquake."


Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...
I would like the nature to just stop! Hahahah, Last week a hurricane, this week an earthquake! I think the Lord might come before the 29th!hehe:)

Bueno! So this week was a crazy one. That's why there are about a thousand pictures this week (and many more that you will have to wait to see....if I don't accidentally delete them first :P) 

This week started off with a really good district meeting. I've come to love district meetings and I've had really good leaders during my mission who have inspired me to be better. Being week 6 of the change, it was the last one that we would all have together. We talked about goals and about the baptisms that we are planning for December. We are excited for this month and for the Spirit of Christmas! It's soooo much fun teaching others about The Birth of The Savior. Seriously, I loved it last year and I'm already loving it this year! 
District Paraiso and Turrialba

We were able to help Hermana Rocio decorate for Christmas a little this day and that was really fun. Then we had our last lesson with Antonio. Yes LAST! I told you all that Antonio was here for 3 months because of an accident that happened in El Salvador in which he was shot. It was awful and he had to come here to live to recover. Well Paraiso is very cold and his wounds were just not healing. It was extremely painful for him. So, in this lesson he let us know that Wednesday he was going to have to return home to his country where it is warmer. We were devastated, honestly, but we knew that it was for the best. We know that if he had just a little more time, he would have been baptized. This is one of the situations where we planted a seed, and luckily this time we saw it really grow. We know that he has a testimony and that he will keep investigating the church more back at home. 
Our last day with Antonio

Wednesday was a great day!! We were able to visit many people in Santiago which is the farthest part of our area. At night we were able to visit Hermana Eduarda and her grandson Lesdy. We had promised Lesdy that we would bring marshmallows to make smores, so we had a family home evening and roasted marshmallows. It was so fun!! I felt like I was camping hahaha! 

At about 6:30 in the evening, I was washing dishes and instantly all of the dishes started shaking and rattling! The fridge started moving and the metal roof was clashing. I looked at Hermana Eduarda, Hermana Martinez and Lesdy and said "What is happening?!" We all knew that we were in an earthquake. Eduarda just said "Lets leave!" So we headed towards the door. I can't explain to you exactly how awful it felt for those 5/6 seconds! Yeah it was a long earthquake!!! and Strong! The pictures in the room fell from the walls. I had never been in an earthquake like that before. It tuns out, the earthquake hit about 20 minutes from where we were so we were very close. It was a 5.7 magnitude eathquake, strong enough to separate the earth. We immediately checked with all of the other hermanas and the only ones that were freaking out were us!! hahaha, Hermana Hayes was in contact with us making sure that we got off of the mountain and home safely. We were a little nervous going home but everything was okay. What an adventure!







Friday Hermana Martinez and I had leadership counsel in the office!! It was my last one!! I was just so happy to see everyone again!! And Yes, I am going to finish my mission with Hermana Martinez (hallelujah!) 

Saturday, we had our Zone Christmas Service Project. Oh my gosh! We cleaned a cemetery! I had never done that either!! Unfortunately, no one brought cleaning supplies so we cleaned with our hands. I spent the majority of the 3 hours picking weeds and singing Christmas carols haha! Even though is was a strange service project, I felt happy to be doing something that no one normally thinks of doing. It was great to be with everyone too. It's not every day that we all get together to do a service project. It was a good experience, showing those who have passed some love and sharing the Christmas Spirit!
Los "Muertos" (dead) in the the mission, or those who go home in these next few weeks...Yes, I will "die" in Cartago Costa Rica. But who wouldn't want to "die" in Paradise!


This one is for my Roseville 9th Ward Fam...Elder Abel:)

The Zone Christmas Service Project!
Who watched the Christmas devotional?? I did!! I absolutely LOVED IT!!! You all know that I'm obsessed with Christmas. I just loved how they approached and are approaching Christmas this year. It's so important to remember the birth of Christ but not just that. Also his life, teachings, atonement and resurrection. We need to be more like Him and strive to share what we have with others. I am loving the new Christmas initiative. 25 days to light the world and 25 ways to do so!! My companion and I are looking for new things that we can do every day to be better and more like Christ. I invite each and every one of you do join in and if you haven't already, PLEASE watch this video!!

https://youtu.be/mJmAV0gTp_Qs://y

I love you all and wish you the merriest of days during this beautiful time of the year!! 
Love,
Hermana Zerilli

Just because Hermana Moon goes home this week and I am going to miss her so so much!!! Sh has been such a big part of my mission...A great example, missionary, and friend!! Love her!

Elder Tibbs is going home!! His last words for me were, "Hermana, when you are brushing your teeth at 10:30 on December 24th in the mission, I'm goin got be at a party!" hahaha, he's not wrong!
Elder Vasquez is heading to Zone Sur!!!! We are going to miss him, he's the best!!


No comments:

Post a Comment