Monday, December 26, 2016

He was with me everyday, every lesson, every laugh and every cry.

So I have been sitting here for a while trying to figure out how to write this last letter. It's really difficult to put a year and a half into words. All of the miracles, memories and adventures... Now that its all coming to an end, I see that I could write for hours about everything that I have lived.

First off, you should know that I never had planned to serve a misión. 18 years of my life, I said I wouldn't. Little did I know that my Heavenly Father had another plan for me. When it came time to make a decisión, it was the easiest to make. The spirit confirmed to me that it was right to serve. I felt excited and joyful about my decision. I felt so happy to be able to represent my Savior and His church. However, I was never prepared for the immense amount of joy that I would feel serving. The misión has been a huge blessing in my life. I can't believe that in just 3 days I have to leave it all behind! I have been able to feel the love that my Savior has for me and for the people here in Costa Rica. I have been able to know Him better. I understand now more fully the atonement and how it applies to my life. I know that Christ understood me in the misión when no one else could. That He felt my physical and emotional pains. He was with me everyday, every lesson, every laugh and every cry. I have learned about the importance of humility, depending on the Lord and trusting that with Him I can do whatever He needs me to. I am so grateful that I have been able to be an instrument in His hands. I did nothing, He did it all. I know that a loving Heavenly Father prepared a perfect plan for us so that we can return to live with Him. I have been able to see how distractions of the world and Satan's lies can bring God's children away from the truth. We need to be strong!

There is no happiness that the world can give us stronger than the happiness that comes from living the góspel. Honestly, sometimes I can't believe how happy I am! Even when I have trials or pass through hard times, its so easy to be happy. I have loved seeing people leave behind the bad and receive the blessings of the góspel. This góspel changes lives. I testify of that! It has changed my life, my family and those who I have met here in Costa Rica. I want you all to know that a misión isn't easy but it has been the most incredible and rewarding experience of my life! I was not perfect, there was no way that I could have been. However, with every error I learned and progressed. I could testify to you all a million things that I have come to know, but at the end of the day my testimony is that He lives. Our savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us all so much♥

I know that this is His work. I couldn't imagine doing anything else with these past 18 months!!

I want to thank every single one of you for your support during this past year and a half. I have felt so loved!! Every letter, email, prayer etc meant more than you know. I love you all and I will see you Thursday! 

Peace love and pura vida!
-Hermana Zerilli

SANTAAAAA!!!! Hermana Martinez and I opening our Christmas stockings and gifts. Can you believe Santa knew I am a huge Star Wars fan, LOL:)


 Yep, I even got Star Wars mascara!
My last papusas el salvadoreñas
Saying bye to Dayana, yudiet and junior
Hermana Eduarda
hermana margarita
Eggnog, whoo!
So our landlord has been doing a whole lot of work around our apartment. Recently, he painted it blue and put this huge at sign on the Wall. I think its tuanis!! "See you @ home...in 4 days!"
Dayana Steven and Thiago
Marianella and one of my favorite Little children Heber
Izamara and Nathan
Laura and Yamilet
Hermana rocio
La Familia Moreno
Hermana Carolina
Fabian and Suyen

Today I was privileged to travel back to Guapiles to say goodbye to some very special people. I was given special permission from President Hayes, and Milena arranged the transportation with me. She was also my companion for the day.
Milena in the back seat with me. Her husband Erick is driving and his son Derick is in the front with them. They drove me to Guapiles and spent the day with me today.

Two of my favorite kidos♥


Alejandro and Teresa...I love them very much



These three women are amazing. They are family to me, forever sisters. I love you Milena, Teresa, and Yorlenny♥ 
I love and will miss Xinia too♥

I am going to miss Hermana Martinez so much, she has been a great companion and friend to me. Forever sisters♥



No comments:

Post a Comment