Sunday, November 13, 2016

It's incredible how EVERYTHING happens in the Lord's time!

I am glad that everyone is safely back to land (Dad, Mom & Anthony). I was praying a lot for your safety this week. Someone had told me that an airplane in Chicago had an accident or something and it scared me so bad. I'm glad that everyone made it back!!

This week was another great one! 
Tuesday, we were able to have an awesome family home evening with Lidieth and Junior. The rest of the family couldn't come but that's ok. Hermana Sabrina offered to have it at her house. She even was willing to drive 15 minutes to pick them up and drive us all home after. The lesson was about The Word of Wisdom. We had planned on teaching but when we got started, Sabrina had planned the entire lesson! What a blessing! We were in awe! She taught the lesson so well asking for participation from her little 4 year old daughter. It was great. We could tell that Lidieth was comfortable in the family home evening. Hermana Sabrina has helped us so much with this family. Yesterday, she helped us bring the kids, Judieth, Dayana and Junior to church! The 3 of them could attend, we were so excited! Young Women's and primary received them really well and they are all asking about their baptisms! We feel really good about where we are with them right now.

Another miracle this week. A Hermana in our ward sent us a text last Monday at night, after we had gone home. Honestly, we were both feeling a little sucky. We had just had a lesson with a less active where she got angry and told us not to come back. She basically is not ready to accept the gospel back in her life yet. Tha'ts ok but it was awful! I cried:( I'm not used to experiences like that. I know that with time, the Lord will soften her heart. 

I was kinda feeling like a bad missionary after that when this Hermana texted us. Her family is from El Salvador and recently her Uncle, Antonio, has come to live with them. This is a family of 11. They are all members but he's not. He has been attending church for about a month now but the family has not wanted to put any type of pressure on him. They even told the bishop to not send anyone, including missionaries to the house. So the Hermana texted us saying to call Tuesday about when we could go teach him. Turns out, Antonio said that he wanted us to teach him!! 

My companion and I said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the miracle that we had earlier been praying for. We had peace of mind after a rough situation. We have taught him 2 times and he went to church again yesterday. He is awesome!!! He has attended faithfully, the Pentecostal church up until this point, but through prayer and the examples of his sister and his family; he has felt that its time to investigate the church. He is so spiritual, always sharing his testimony and experiences, and knows SO much about the scriptures! He's read almost the entire Gospel Principles Book! The spirit is so strong in the lessons. It's incredible how EVERYTHING happens in the Lord's time!
I was grateful for the opportunity that I had to fast this week. I really felt that the Lord was hearing my prayers the entire time and I know that we will continue to see miracles. 

I have been fighting with a nasty cold all week and the cough hasn't gone away. Everyone here LOVES natural remedies and I've tried everything. Recently I've drank a lot of hot lemon, ginger and honey. I haven't really been sick-sick all of my mission so it's finally hit me. I'll be okay though! Feels more like winter at home! LOL!

Oh! Hermana Martinez and I are SO stoked for Christmas that we decorated our house! Pictures will be included this next week. 

Also, when I get home I just want chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pie and Paula's cheesecake. They dont even know what Philadelphia Cream Cheese is in this country!

I love you all and I'm thankful for every single one of you! 

Since I've been sick, Hermana Yamilet gave me a scarf to keep warm...and the Santa hats just fit. We taught the lesson like that I'm still really hurting. My throat is the problem. I had a problem with my ear and fever and everything but that went away Wednesday. Now I'm still living with a NASTY cough. It makes me exhausted! 

This week directing traffic


No comments:

Post a Comment