Monday, July 25, 2016

The Sisterhood of the Missionary Pants, Yes They Have Arrived!

I HAVE A YEAR IN THE MISSION!!!! 12 months as a Missionary!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!
...So here are 10 things that I have learned:
1. No one can say the name ZERILLI correctly in Spanish!
2. It is possible to eat rice everyday for 365 days
3. It is impossible to teach the gospel without the Spirit!
4. The sun dyes hair for free in Costa Rica
5. If you don't know a Spanish word...you can kinda just make one up and the people will go along with it!
6. It takes more than a year to read The Book of Mormon in Spanish (I just got out of 1st Nephi, uush!!)
7. I love teaching The Great Apostacy (is that what its called?)
8. Time flies when you're having fun!!
9. The mission is NOT about numbers
10. God loves and is aware of all of his children, even those here in this little country of Costa Rica. I can feel his love and I see his hand every day!

I seriously LOVE being a missionary!!! It's amazing and I wouldn't have traded this last year for anything...not even Disneyland! 

So this week started out a little rough. Tuesday, we went to the hospital for Hermana Pacay. Her knees were so inflamed that we had to go. The doctor ended up injecting steroids into both knees and put her on medication and a 15 day rest. SOOOO Hermana Zerilli was a little out of work all this week. We tried really hard to work with members. Hermana Pacay would stay at a members house and I would work with someone else. I am so grateful for loving members who wanted to help us out and are going to continue helping us this week!! It was tough though, not to work all the time. Not gonna lie, the stress is getting to me but I know that the lord knows my desire to work and I just need to be patient. 

Friday I celebrated my one year in the mission, and we had the opportunity to do 2 service projects! In the first, we helped members build a house!! We nailed and painted! It was really fun. My poor companion had to sit there and watch :( Then in the second...we sanded down walls so that they could paint. Yeah it sounds like real labor haha but we turned it into a fake Color Festival and threw dust on each other...that's how you make things fun!! haha After, my companion bought me a pizza for dinner. I was happy haha!
The Sisterhood of the Missionary Pants, yes, our pants are in! Don't hold back the cheers! They are definitely different, LOL! I will be proud to say that I was here in Costa Rica when the church laid out a historical plan for Sister Missionaries to wear pants to help protect them against deadly diseases! Also thankful to the Elders who don't mock the fact that they may be a little short...
Sunday was amazing! We ate lunch with Carol and BF...2 gringos!!!! I love them!! BF actually used to live down the street from VINCE GILLS FAMILY IN LOUISIANA!!! I about died!! We talked country music and ate Sloppy Joes and hot dogs!! I love their accents!! They dont speak very much Spanish and just came here to retire. They live right near waterfalls! We took advantage and I was just like Jane from Tarzan...umbrella and all:) It was slippery and I ALMOST died. Almost, haha. 
Ready for the surprise...so I got a phone call while we were at their house from Pamela and Alan. THEY WERE IN PARAISO!!! THEY CAME TO VISIT ME!!! We ran back (on a bus haha) and they were in the park waiting to see me. I was so surprised and happy!! Pamela was wearing the dress that I left for her and everything!! I love them so much! They told me all about the ward and Hermana Velez and her new companion. Steven is going to seminary. They are so active and I was so happy to hear about all that they are involved in. I can't explain the love I felt and have for them. This is the mission! What a way to end the week!
Last Monday, we were blessed to have Family Home Evening with a sweet gringo family visiting Costa Rica on vacation! These are their beautiful children...it's always great to practice my English, LOL:)
So that was this week's summary. Sorry it's not a lot. This next week will be better I promise :)
Love you all. Look for miracles this week...and write them down! 
PEACE LOVE AND PURA VIDA♥

No comments:

Post a Comment